background

May 2, 2011

Let's Start at the Beginning...

Since this is a new blog, I thought it would make perfect sense to start at the beginning for those of you that don't know me. (And even those of you who do-there might be a few gaps!)

We've been in our house in Georgia now since November 2010. I feel very blessed to have found the house that we're in, and especially its location regarding schools and things to do. I'm even more grateful though, that we managed to score it at an excellent price to fit our current budget. With that said, there are many things that I can't stand hope to change as soon as possible. I just recently finished painting our living room. I plan to post before and after pictures of that soon to let you all in on the nightmare I have named "Navajo Orange". Overall our house was move in ready when we purchased it. The carpet had been installed 2 or 3 days before we did our initial walk-through. We had to buy a refrigerator and replace approximately a gazillion lightbulbs, but other than that we really had no expense prior to our stuff being delivered by the movers. (Now that's not to say we didn't find things that needed repair after we got settled...but that's a whole 'nother post!) SO all together I have a lot to be thankful for and I am, but at the risk of sounding like a spoiled little ungrateful brat, there are things around here that do drive me batty. This blog is an attempt to vent my frustrations share the journey with you as I conquer these items, on a budget, along with raising 3 sweet girls, keeping up with my hubby's crazy schedule, maintaining a somewhat clean house, preparing meals....(you get the picture, right?) all done with a huge grin pasted on my face. Yeah. Right. But it sounded good anyway.

I hope to share a few thrifty ideas I've learned, many from other blogs I've become addicted to, as well as recipes, my thoughts regarding my faith and its application in my life, and possibly a little parenting confession. I'd appreciate your thoughts and comments on the decorating, etc. and the attempt to make our house into HOME. I'm sure we all stand to gain inspiration from each other, don't you think?

-Ashley

1 comment:

  1. So. Excited. I've recently made a commitment to do the same thing...only I've been in mine for five years. :-( Can't wait to see the changes, upgrades, and FOOD along the way. Yay for projects that teach us patience and contentment. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Now its your turn....what are your thoughts?