background

March 18, 2012

He Makes All Things New

I wanted to share a song with you that we sing somewhat frequently at our home church. If you click the title below, it will take you to a YouTube video as well. I believe it is written by Clay Edwards? It's absolutely beautiful:

Restoration song

You bring restoration
You bring restoration
You bring restoration
to my soul

You've taken my pain
You call me by a new name,
You've taken my shame
And in its place You give me joy

You take my mourning
turn it into dancing,
You take my weeping
turn it into laughing,
You take my mourning
turn it into dancing,
You take my sadness
turn into joy

Halleleujah!
Halleleujah!
You make all things new
You make all things new





Isn't that great? If you've never heard it, I highly recommend checking out the video. 

Part of my own "restoration" has been the commitment I made to get back to this blog. Because I believe He really does make all things new, and because of the inspiration I received during The Pearl Event, I think this is a valid place for me to share my heart. 

I'm still soaking up what I experienced during my weekend in Nashville. I've seen several people already starting to write about the weekend they had. I guess comparatively that may make me seem a little behind, but I am really pondering the details. 

In addition to that, my hubby's parents just left this morning. I arrived home last Sunday evening, with anticipation of a busy week. I was right! Monday, Tuesday, and  Wednesday had packed schedules themselves, and then his parents arrived on Thursday to spend the weekend with us. For the few of you that don't know me personally, his parents (especially his mom) keep us hopping while they are here. She LOVES to hit a few places that she doesn't have locally...in addition to spoiling my girls absolutely rotten. We typically have a good visit, but I'm usually exhausted by the time they leave. And this time is no different. (Wink wink) Anyway, all that to say that although I am slow to process my Nashville weekend, I am not avoiding the subject and plan to share very soon. And since it has prompted my thoughts toward this blog, I'm positive that it will require multiple posts to keep you all from snoozing by your computers. 


More soon....


-Ashley

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now its your turn....what are your thoughts?